White Sands Missile Range
Systems Security Engineer - New Mexico (Job Number:428980)
SAIC is working with Harris; the Prime Contractor on the Space Communications Network Services Contract (SCNS) supporting NASA and we are seeking a Systems Security Engineer to join our team at the White Sand Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
- Development of technical documentation including requirements, specifications, design, conops, procurement specifications and Interface Control Documents.
- Test and integration of New hardware and/or software into existing operational and support systems.
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability, risk, safety and security.
- Providing engineering and security support to projects during testing.
- Ensure required security controls are represented in technical documentation.
- Interface with the IT Security assurance office to ensure project requirements are met.
- Assist with Security Control testing and verification.
- Coordinate and manage the proper implementation of NIST security controls on a variety of system platforms.
- Provide technical and procedural information system security advice to the site regarding the processing and protection of information.
- Analyze information systems utilizing various INFOSEC cyber security techniques including packet analysis tools, forensics tools, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, SIEM solutions, and vulnerability assessment software to aid in detection and prevention of cyber-attacks.
- Perform other duties as assigned and Responsibilities
- This position requires the candidate have and maintain a secret security clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s Degree and nine (9) in Information Technology, Engineering Technology, Science, Math, and 6+ years of demonstrated work experience or Master?s Masters and seven (7) year in Science, Math, Engineering, or 14 years of demonstrated work in IT Security, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience with projects involving any government agency or Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Current CompTIA Security+, CASP or CISSP certifications.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with NIST Special Publications.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An advanced degree is preferred but additional experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with vendors, peers, upper-level management and the NASA customer.
- The candidate should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as, effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Specialized skills and/or training in the following:
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems: Sourcefire Appliances, Lancope Stealth Watch Appliances, McAfee IPS Network Security Manager Appliances
- Firewalls Appliances: Palo Alto Next-Gen, Juniper Netscreen, Cyberguard, Cisco, Fortinet, McAfee Web Gateway
- Security Info/Event Management Systems: ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager, Splunk, NetIQ SM, McAfee ePO
- Vulnerability Assessment Systems: Nessus Security Center/Pro, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, DBProtect, various cyber security tools
- Security Surveillance Systems: Milestone XProtect
- Network Switching/Routing/Wireless: Cisco Systems, Ericsson, Juniper Networks, Meraki
- COMSEC KG Encryptor Systems: General Dynamics Fastlanes, L3 RedEagle HAIPE encryptors
- Network Protocol Analysis: Wireshark, Fluke Protocol Expert, Javvin Packet Analyzer
- Network Performance Test Systems: Spirent SmartBits, IXIA equipment, Fluke network analysis equipment
- Desktop/Server Operating Systems: Windows, Linux Redhat, Solaris
- Storage Systems: NetApp Storage Systems
- The candidate should be a team player with positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with others at all levels and effectively partner with internal resources.
- Space Network experience and TDRS knowledge.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2017, 1:31:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-WHITE SANDS MISSILE RANGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job