Full Time Employee
Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (Job Number:428978)
SAIC looking for Security Manager to support the SGSS project transition to operations. The Security Manager is responsible for assessing the creating or tailoring policies and procedures in compliance with NASA, Intelligence Community requirements. The Security Manager shall assess federal security regulations that apply to company operations; rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies; prepare manuals outlining regulations, and establish procedures that will mitigate risk in support of business operations. The Security Manager shall collaborate with business leaders, functional counterparts within SAIC and our partner company Harris, and external representatives to ensure the security program is executed comprehensively, properly and efficiently. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Task Order Security Manager responsible for developing and integrating security strategy for the SGSS transition.
- Engage Harris organization leaders and advise on matters of requirements, compliance, and champion Security initiatives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in all facets of program Security including but not limited to: Physical, Personnel, Information Management, Information Systems oversight, OPSEC, COMSEC, Counter-Intelligence, Security Education & Awareness, and general Program Protection methodologies.
- Assist in the review and preparation of contract security documentation and related security plans, CONOPS and SOPs.
- Use judgment and discretion in formulating decisions to meet critical deadlines, operations, and contract compliance requirements. Process, update and maintain contract security documentation.
- Support investigation of security incidents, identify root cause, corrective actions, and prepare reports for internal and external coordination addressing investigation results, culpability, impact assessment and future mitigation as applicable.
- Conduct briefings/debriefings as required; maintain records in accordance with applicable security guidelines
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the Harris Security culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure security services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
- Provide professional interactions with a broad cross-section of staff members within Harris and with individuals external to NASA.
- Maintain understanding of the selected programs' technology and maintain a thorough understanding of the sponsors' security requirements
- Effectively interface with program managers, engineering staff, functional teams, and government representatives.
- Assist internal and external customers in resolution of issues and concerns regarding NASA customer related security requirements
- Advise management in the area of security where risks and tradeoffs have a direct impact on the accomplishment of the project, test or evaluation.
- Assist Program Managers in the interpretation, application and compliance with Security Classification Guides (SCGs). Identify and resolve problems and issues. Identify legal, regulatory and compliance concerns.
- U.S. Citizen, Current NACLC with Secret Clearance
- This position requires the candidate to have and maintain a Secret security clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
- Experience with Insider Threat and Counterintelligence Issues
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NASA, NISPOM, and Intelligence Community Security regulations and standards.
- Excellent writing, speaking and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated use of sound and logical thinking in choosing a particular course or action.
- Working knowledge of computer security requirements for classified processing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining approval to operate Classified Information Systems.
- Must be able to interact with senior /executive management on matters pertaining to both Harris and government security policy and procedures
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2017, 1:27:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job