Full Time Employee
(MIA) Contract Site Supervisor CSS Miami, FL (Job Number:429250)
We are looking for a Controller Training Contract (CTC) Site Supervisor (CSS) to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The position will function as a full time on-site Contract Site Supervisor (CSS) at the Miami ATCT/TRACON Facility (MIA) located in Miami, FL.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well- trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility.
The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists.
The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
The selected candidate will support Terminal Radar Approach Control training requirements at the Miami ATCT/TRACON Facility (MIA) located in Miami, FL.
The Contract Site Supervisor (CSS) is responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of Contract personnel providing support under this contract at the Miami ATCT/TRACON (MIA).
This position will require the candidate to manage the overall delivery of contract training support at the facility level including effective communication with FAA personnel, execution of the CTC Contract, management of human resources, assisting with the development of training plans, development and maintenance of training material, conduct of training courses, training administration and adherence to the highest quality standards throughout the operation. The objective is to provide timely and effective training for ATC personnel.
- The successful candidate will have excellent teaching/platform skills and classroom management techniques, a student focused drive for continuous improvement, and strong technical skills with knowledge of current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures.
- The Contractor Site Supervisor must have a minimum of five (5) years recent Certified Professional Controller (CPC) experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience as a contract Instructor at an FAA facility.
- Recent experience is defined as having performed ATC operations or instructing FAA personnel within the last five (5) years.
- The Contractor Site Supervisor must have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at the MIA ATCT/TRACON Facility will have priority selection for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA?s overall Air Traffic Control mission, is highly desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 19, 2017, 6:37:07 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MIAMI
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job