Full Time Employee
Sr. Cloud Engineer (Relocation) (Job Number:429377)
SAIC has an opportunity available for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our team at Offutt AFB near Omaha, NE.
PAID RELOCATION to Omaha, NE is available.
- Responsible for providing engineering support for cloud services such as software or infrastructure as a service (SaaS or IaaS, respectively).
- Support shall include planning, design, installation support management and maintenance on complex distributed networks with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures.
- Responsible for transforming high-level/low-level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
- Work closely with Government engineers during all stages of testing and be responsible for working with other enterprise disciplines as previously-tested component systems are later integrated into larger, enterprise-level systems of systems.
- Record, document, and deliver all related testing, installation, configuration, optimization, operations, and IA-compliance settings/configurations/processes/procedures upon completion of testing or incrementally as determined by the customer.
- Capture and document system details within architectural drawings using AutoCAD to be used during final system installation, configuration, integration, and implementation.
- Customer-facing position and may require interaction with senior customer leadership on matters concerning design, engineering, or functional areas.
- Responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of cross-functional teams and be able to prioritize participation in multiple, concurrent testing events.
- Must possess a strong belief in the principles of task ownership, accountability, and teamwork.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 9 years or more experience or 13 years of related experience.
- Active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Security+ CE Certification
- VMWare VCP6 certification for Cloud Management Automation (CMA)
- 3 years? experience working with Microsoft Server
- 5 years? experience required in enterprise engineering and architecture support
- Recent experience with VMware and the experience to deploy and maintain complex VMware environments to provide virtualization services
- VMWare Cloud integration for Microsoft Product Suites: Active Directory; Windows 2012 R2 Server
- VMWare Cloud integration for Red Hat Linux (RHEL) compute platforms
- VMWare Cloud integration workflows and blueprints using vRealize Automation
- VMWare Cloud integration for backups e.g. CommVault
- VMWare Cloud integration for Netapp ONTAP 9.x Clustermode storage platforms
- Recent experience vSphere/vCenter 6.x/7.x
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2017, 4:37:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job