Technology Insertion Engineer, Principal (Job Number:429299)
SAIC is currently looking for a Technology Insertion Engineer to perform Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform technology assessments for GSE modification consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk, and organizational/system constraints.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
Join SAIC and grow your career in critical areas of systems integration, research and development, and space operations at the USAF Research and Development Space and Missile Operations program.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience is required
- Apply extensive technical expertise and have full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives.
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Review and measure work based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliance (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) may be required for this position
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Vendors/Tools/Management Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- VMware vRealize Operations.
- Eclipse IDE.
- Information Technology.
- Cyber Security.
- Cloud architecture.
- Concept of operations formulation.
- Analysis and engineering.
- System architecting.
- Hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- System analysis and design.
- Interface and data architectures.
- Systems integration.
- Fabric switches.
- Intrusion detection systems.
- Software data centers.
- Antenna systems.
- Ground support equipment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job