Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Job Number:429327)
SAIC is currently looking for a Network Engineer to design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- May evaluate new technology.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Perform network design/monitoring, permissions management, account management, user activity logging, virtualization management, middleware management, database management.
- Apply extensive technical expertise of related disciplines.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives.
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Establish and recommend changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
Join SAIC and grow your career in critical areas of systems integration, research and development, and space operations at the USAF Research and Development Space and Missile Operations program.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience is required
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliance (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) may be required for this position
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Able to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Vendors/Tools/Management Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- VMware vRealize Operations.
- Eclipse IDE.
- Information Technology.
- Cyber Security.
- Cloud architecture.
- Concept of operations formulation.
- Analysis and engineering.
- System architecting.
- Hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- System analysis and design.
- Interface and data architectures.
- Systems integration.
- Fabric switches.
- Intrusion detection systems.
- Software data centers.
- Antenna systems.
- Ground support equipment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2017, 1:51:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job