VMWare Platform Configuration Lead Engineer (Job Number:429319)
SAIC is currently looking for a Platform Configuration Lead Engineer.
- Architects, engineers, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades systems across the enterprise. Systems supported may include servers, workstations, tablets, smart phones, and other devices utilized to access and generate data. Tasks include requirements definitions, analysis and engineering, integration activities, validation and verification, operational maintenance, and performance analysis.
- Will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain workstations and workstation components supporting end user computing activities which enable the end user to access resources and generate deliverables.
- Works with vendors for prototyping, testing, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Coordinates with corporate and government customers to develop and determine requirements and adapt to changing needs.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture policies and industry best practices.
- Leads the design in system specifications, input/output processes, and parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves highly complex program support deficiencies.
- Designs, tests, and implements operating systems, enterprise services and management of IT systems and applications.
- Will manage the endpoint management systems to provide a secure computing environment, to include delivery of relevant and necessary software, relevant and necessary security patches and providing detailed reporting on hardware assets, software assets and current configuration posture.
- Supports incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Researches and evaluates capabilities and tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT strategy.
- Troubleshoots and solves technical and non-technical issues.
- May be involved in all aspects of the infrastructure in a classified environment including clients, servers, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, messaging, communication services, collaboration, and data availability.
- Contribute to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participate with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Join SAIC and grow your career in critical areas of systems integration, research and development, and space operations at the USAF Research and Development Space and Missile Operations program.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain Clearance level: DoD Top Secret / SCI
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience is required
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliance (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) may be required for this position
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Vendors/Tools/Management Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- VMware vRealize Operations.
- Eclipse IDE.
- Information Technology.
- Cyber Security.
- Cloud architecture.
- Concept of operations formulation.
- Analysis and engineering.
- System architecting.
- Hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- System analysis and design.
- Interface and data architectures.
- Systems integration.
- Fabric switches.
- Intrusion detection systems.
- Software data centers.
- Antenna systems.
- Ground support equipment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job