Subject Matter Expert 5 (Job Number:429412)
SAIC has openings for qualified candidates to work on an exciting project in the Charleston South Carolina office. The selected candidate will support a team of engineering professionals performing system and software engineering in the design, development and delivery of an electronic system and capability for a special customer. A proven background in naval operations at the CTG or CTF level is required as is a background in mission planning, mission execution and mission analysis. Experience in weapon systems acquisition, development and deployment is required. Solid knowledge of DODAF architectural framework is a big plus. The SME 5 will be responsible for supporting the Program Manager and Lead Engineer with matters concerning operational use of complex weapon and sensor systems.
- Providing naval operational insight into the deployment, manning, employment and support of complex weapon and sensor systems to include development of draft CONOPS and employment scenarios.
- Provide expertise in the area of complex system procurements IAW DOD 5000, including all major milestones from system development through testing and fielding.
- Provide expertise in the planning and execution of installations OCONUS with all the required liaison with host units.
- This is a significant position in a high profile and technically challenging program for which you would be responsible for operation inputs and recommendations for the design, development and delivery a viable solution to the customer.
- As an SME 5, with a background in naval operations, you will be supporting the program manager and lead engineer in a team environment as well as individually, for support of analysis, development, evolution, implementation, and documentation of the entire enterprise.
- Duties will include system analysis in respect to provided and derived requirements in relation to proposed architectural solution, development of WBS elements and detailed Integrated Master Schedules.
- You will also support the Program Manager and Lead Engineer with the development of test strategies and risk registers and development of risk mitigation plans.
Specific duties include:
- Support PM and Lead Engineer to systematically design, develop, prototype, test and deploy a major system and capability to an important customer.
- Work with the Chief Engineer to ensure proper integration of system and capability to achieve desired effects.
- Support functional capabilities for all major milestones.
- Support design, development, testing and fielding of a viable system
- Working with Chief Engineer and customer to develop system design(s) and baselines
- Develop/support development of draft CONOPS, and a Risk Register, Risk Management Plan and Test Strategy
- Develop methodologies and metrics to ensure proper system development and schedule
- Develop/support development of WBS, IMS and Integrated Management Plan as well as SEMP
- Systematically research, analyze, and document system architecture and designs
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure proper system development, security, fielding and execution
- Provide liaison with operational commands and customers concerning system employment
- Support develop of requirements and specifications for hardware and software
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career as well as increasing your skills and credentials in a fast-paced, demanding and nationally relevant environment. It is a wonderful growth opportunity for a senior and mid-level professionals seeking a career growth opportunity. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Must be United States citizen
- Must possess a current DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- The SME 5 applicants will need to demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in employment of complex systems in an operational environment
- Hold a valid PMP certificate
- A solid working knowledge of DODAF Architectural Framework
- Experience in acquisition and employment of large system-of- systems
- Proficient in system engineering WBS allocation
- Experience in system development, test and fielding in a secure military environment
- Ability to support development of end to end testing strategies
- Proven ability to develop and update complex system CONOPS
- Proven leadership and operational skills
- Demonstrated successful project development and delivery history
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 14 years applied work experience in design, development and procurement of Mission Critical or Weapon systems
- 5 years of operational experience at a CTG/CTF operational command
- 5 years of system acquisition utilizing DOD 5000 processes
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering, Business or Management
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Science or higher degree in engineering or MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years military experience in support of operational commands operating complex weapon and/or sensor systems.
- Attendance and completion of a Military Service Staff or War College
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier Technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise Information Technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH Charleston
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job