Knowledge Manager - Help Desk & Process Improvement (Job Number:429520)
The Knowledge Management Analyst (KMA) shall coordinate activities to ensure continued compliance with Command policies and procedures. KMAs utilize information sharing portals to have information readily accessible to personnel and stakeholders. This task requires expertise in developing Microsoft SharePoint portals, database management, and Microsoft office suite applications. It also includes KM Help Desk and KM Process Improvement. The KMA conducts activities related to the knowledge management processes, to include but are not limited to: content analysis, document management, data capture, portals, shared storage locations, workflow, collaboration, data warehousing, decision support, information dissemination; planning to encompass the strategy, architecture and methodology for an enterprise modernization effort; selection, implementation and measure of packaged solutions for enterprise modernization; complete integration of applications with target data and defined processes. Duties include
- Attend weekly KM sync meetings and support the monthly KM working group by creating briefs, performing note taking and through actively participating
- Post, edit, distribute and maintain appropriate content for classified and unclassified website/portals Engage with section leads to identify improvement opportunities for the end users
- Identify tools and technologies to effectively support the KM processes
- Assist with improving the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) repositories on all networks, identifying all command processes, prioritizing efforts, and analyzing process gaps and redundancies.
- Gather user requirements as needed when identified by the KM Working Group, direct application development of web applications and communications from the SharePoint portals.
- Update the knowledge taxonomy and continue the practice of having the information available to users Organize data, establish file structures, and ensure information is captured and stored in locations accessible to various user groups
- Integrates information from departments and functions throughout the organization to facilitate easy access, sharing and dissemination of information with internal business partners and external customers
- Develops reports as required to support operations, write knowledge content as required, and prepare presentations for senior management to support recommended changes, new initiatives or enhancements
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited institution or four (4) years? experience in lieu of degree, plus eight (9) years of overall work experience or a Master?s degree and 7 years? experience. PHD and 4 years? required experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Knowledge Management Analyst and working with Knowledge Management Programs.
- Certified Knowledge Manager - CKM (Knowledge Management Institute)
- Experience creating and maintaining SharePoint applications/pages
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support of activities for defining policy.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
-Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively,
-Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job