Full Time Employee
Sr. Data Scientist (Job Number:429639)
SAIC is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist that will work in a dynamic and challenging environment supporting a US Army Client whose mission is to develop cutting edge technical solutions to developing Biometrics Analytic Resource Tools, architecture and infrastructure on a current and future Army system.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Works in cross- functional teams with Data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results.
- Performs the pre-analytics areas of Data collection and understanding, Data cleansing and integration, and Data storage and retrieval.
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the Data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, Data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence.
- Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
- Has familiarity with Data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big Data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from Data, verifying results at each step.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience with DoD / DOS Biometrics Programs such as BATS, BISA, THOR, VIBES, etc...
- DoDD 8570 IAT II Certified (Security +)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2017, 12:48:59 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ABERDEEN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job