Full Time Employee
Jr. Data Scientist (Job Number:429625)
SAIC is looking for a Jr. Data Scientist that will work in a dynamic and challenging environment supporting a US Army Client whose mission is to develop cutting edge technical solutions to developing Biometrics Analytic Resource Tools, architecture and infrastructure on a current and future Army system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops parallel Data-intensive systems using Big Data technologies.
- Works with the full open source Hadoop stack from cluster management, to Data repositories, to analytics software, to schedulers.
- Works in on-premises or public cloud environments to build scalable systems.
- Determines the appropriate database given the Data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non- relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases.
- Optimizes the distribution of Data across nodes and the performance of NoSQL repositories.
- Identifies performance bottle-necks and evaluates scaling benchmarks.
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience with DoD / DOS Biometrics Programs such as BATS, BISA, THOR, VIBES, etc...
- DoDD 8570 IAT II Certified (Security +)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ABERDEEN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job