Network Support Specialist (Job Number:429804)
SAIC has an opening a Network Support Specialist who will provide technical and analytical support to the 24th Air Force and its associated units Air Forces Cyber (AFCYBER), Joint Forces HQ Cyber (JFHQ-C), 624th Operations Center (OC), 318th Operations Support Squadron (OSS) and the 5th Combat Communications Group (CCG) staffs.
Daily activities for the Network Support Specialist include:
- Under general supervision, monitors and responds to technical control facility hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- May interface with contract support services groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or period of degraded system performance.
- May assist with installation of terminals and associated hardware
- May provide network server support
- Requires strong knowledge of PC/Network communications hardware/software, in a multi- protocol environment, and network management software
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA degree in related discipline and nine (9) years related experience; Or, High School and eleven (11) years related experience and related advanced certification.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires CompTIA A+, Network +, and Security+ and Microsoft certifications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-TX-LACKLAND AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job