MSC ITESS Network Engineer (Job Number:429863)
SAIC has a contingent opening for a Network Engineer supporting Military Sealift Command. This is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Network Engineer shall conduct system, subsystem and component design engineering on specific systems architecture and conduct system design engineering on new or existing systems undergoing improvement modifications with current and future system performance considered. The Candidate responsibilities include:
- Prepare and update system specifications applicable to new or existing systems or components.
- Ensure all design specifications are DoDD 8500.1 / DoDI 8500.2 compliant
- Review requirements and specification documentation to ascertain design goals and standards established during component or system concept formulation and initial product definition phases.
- Review and update final specifications for production units.
- Identify points of design inadequacy within the specified component or system for the desired application
- Evaluate the component or system capability to meet design goals and standards in an operational environment and the capability to be interoperable with existing or forthcoming systems or components; identify high risk or performance shortfalls, to identify alternate design methodologies, and recommend design modifications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.S. from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accredited Institution or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA certification (CCNP preferred)
- MCP or MCSE with Hyper-V Certification & Experience
- 5 years? experience in leading data center build out and network architectural design.
The Network Engineer shall have experience in the following areas:
- Expertise with IP networking and extensive knowledge of WAN technologies such as MPLS, ATM and Frame Relay.
- Expert engineering knowledge of network hardware including: Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Expert experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology.
- Proven experience in the integration and testing of HW (servers, networking devices, clients) and testing of software (Operating Systems, networked applications, Databases, etc.)
- Expert experience with clustering technologies in virtual machine environments.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments.
- Solid understanding of network and system security principles and techniques.
- Superior understanding of Active Directory, DNS, IP configuration
- Experience with build automation and scripted configuration of MS Windows based environments.
- Experience with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network devices, virtual machine hosts, and virtual machine guest deployment (installation, configuration, et. al.)
- Hand on experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7, Microsoft Outlook and the Office Suite
- Microsoft Exchange (2000-2010) and Microsoft Server
A minimum of a SECRET clearance is required for this position.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job