Full Time Employee
MSC ITESS Systems Engineer (Job Number:429866)
SAIC has a contingent opening for an Systems Engineer (SE) supporting Military Sealift Command. This is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Systems Engineer (SE) shall provide technical and engineering support services to ensure the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of new systems, software and capabilities, the development of modifications to systems and equipment, and correction of deficiencies in systems and equipment. The SE shall provide systems and software engineering support services compliant with all DoD and DoN mandates and instructions.
The SE shall perform engineering studies and analysis for requirements definition, operations concept definition, systems engineering decisions, trade studies, analysis of alternatives (AoA), and system definition in support of efforts in the formulation, implementation, and/or operations phases
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accredited Institution or equivalent work experience.
- Defense Acquisition University Level III Systems Engineering Certified Preferred
- 8 years? experience managing and leading the successful realization of complex systems.
- Expert knowledge of all elements of System Development Lifecycle including System Definition, Development, Design, Analysis & Control, Integration, and Testing.
- Be able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment, the ability to establish confidence and credibility with managers and senior level IT leaders, excellent communications skills, foster open communications on teams.
The SE shall have experience in the following areas:
- Requirements Analysis
- Functional Analysis & Allocation
- Design Synthesis
- Developmental Testing
- Operational Testing
- Conducting & Leading Technical Reviews
- Strong inter-personal and leadership communication skills to carry out this assignment with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
A minimum of a SECRET clearance is required for this position.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2017, 6:49:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job