MSC ITESS C4 Engineering Lab (MCEL) Manager (Job Number:429877)
SAIC has a contingent opening for a C4 Engineering Lab (MCEL) Manager supporting Military Sealift Command. This is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Virginia Beach, VA.
The MCEL fills a critical role for the C4 program, providing a facility to support the design, development, testing, and troubleshooting of C4 capabilities, ensuring MSC Afloat IT systems are developed to a rigorous systems engineering standard prior to their use in the MSC fleet. The MCEL manager will be responsible to ensure MCEL is in compliance with all DOD and Navy mandates and maintains an Authority to Operate (ATO). The MCEL Manager must ensure the ability to provide development, software integration and validation testing for the MSC Shipboard Management Information Systems (SMIS) Afloat classified and unclassified environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- DOD Directive 8560.01 IAM Level 2 or current equivalent
- Windows Server 2008 or 2012 certification
The MCEL Manager shall have experience in the following.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows XP/7/10, Server 2008 R2, 2012 and Microsoft Outlook and
- the Office Suite
- Microsoft Exchange (2000-2010) and Microsoft Server
- DISA secure host baseline images
- Solid understanding of network and system security principles and techniques
- Experience with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network devices, virtual machine hosts, and virtual machine guest deployment (installation, configuration, et. al.)
- Current Navy compliance, standard and practices
- Testing and integrating system requirements
- Network development and software integration and validation.
- Presenting test report results to all level of management
- Manage MCEL support staff, direct troubleshooting efforts related to technical issues of MCEL systems or connections to ANOC or NGW.
- Maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Design, development and testing of systems.
- Managing software library in accordance with configuration management policy
- Managing image library in accordance with configuration management policy
- Ability to successfully manage relationships between various divisions, vendors, and resources. To include
- NGW training, ad hoc reporting, defining policies, methods & procedures and best practices. Provide post implementation results as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Experience with prioritizing system/software testing with regards to MSC ship requirements.
- Manage Shipboard Management Information Systems (SMIS) Afloat classified and unclassified environments for MCEL ?ship on shore? MCEL?s live shipboard environment.
- Maintain MCEL in accordance with all current Navy mandates.
A minimum of a SECRET clearance is required for this position.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job