Full Time Employee
MK-32 SVTT RAC Field Technician (Job Number:429901)
SAIC is seeking a MK-32 SVTT RAC Field Technician (SME) to support the USS CHUNG-HOON (DDG-93). Work will be performed pierside in Norfolk, VA. This position is contingent upon Task Order Award.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position will provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 287 in support of Navy Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (SSVT) MK-32 system refurbishment. Applicant will support the restoration of two MK-32 SVTT Torpedo Tube mounts and one Torpedo Loading Tray currently installed on USS Chung-Hoon (DDG-93). The applicant will provide technical assessment/inspection support, engineering technical services, repair, alignment and calibration (RAC) and program/logistics support for SSVT and associated equipment/subsystem installation.
EXPERIENCE DESIRED: At least six (6) years full-time hands-on technical experience within last 15 years in the operation, maintenance, installation, test, and/or repair of electrical/electronic systems/equipment incorporated in Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE DESIRED: A minimum of three (3) years full-time engineering experience within the last 10 years with SSVT system, repair, alignment and calibration (RAC) and other related Combat systems in a hands-on or supervisory capacity over technicians operating and maintaining Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems.
Supervisory capacity includes: Team leader performing engineering support services such as:
- Engineering change installations
- Technical assists
- Systems certifications
- Material condition assessments
- Systems installations
- Experience gained performing RAC?s and/or MK32 SVTT overhaul and/or maintenance at an OEM, ISEA, MOTU, FTSC or RMC may make the applicant more competitive for this position.
- General experience with the removal, refurbishment, installation and testing of various Combat Systems a plus.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity over technicians operating and maintaining Combat systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with numerous Engineering and Trades organizations and work with minimal supervision.
- Good technical writing and organizational abilities.
- First Aid/CPR Certification from nationally recognized institution
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Active DOD Secret clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 6:40:07 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job