Full Time Employee
Ground Combat Vehicle Senior Mechanical Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI (Job Number:429915)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support an ARMY customer in Sterling Heights, MI.
Develops static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience;
Masters and four (4) years or more experience
Twelve (12) year of experience if no degree
- In-depth knowledge of ground combat vehicle systems engineering.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems
- SECRET: Currently Possess; Preferred
- SECRET: Able to Obtain: Required
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel % Required: <20%
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2017, 6:09:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-MI-STERLING HEIGHTS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job