Wireless System Engineer (Job Number:429969)
The successful candidate will bring an understanding of cellular and wireless protocols to support a portfolio of customer activities.
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in an environment with minimal oversight.
- The candidate must be able to quickly learn about technologies and understand project needs, balance priorities, and regularly and proactively engage with customers and stakeholders to accomplish tasks in support of the customer?s mission.
- A technical understanding of wireless technologies, including experience with user requirements and testing, is desired as it will significantly improve the candidate?s ability to execute the SE functions.
- The candidate will work with a team of other contractors on the same SETA program to support mission needs.
Security Clearance - Must currently possess:
- TS/SCI with Poly
Security Clearance - Must be Able to Obtain:
- TS/SCI with Poly
- Understanding of cellular protocols to include ? 2G, 3G, 4G, GSM, WCDMA, and LTE. Understanding of security and authentication processes for these protocols from end user and radio access technology perspectives.
- Understanding of cellular and wireless RF propagation and antenna technologies.
- Understanding of intra/inter protocol handoffs for user equipment and radio access technologies. Minimum of 4-8 years? experience in cellular technologies to include operational application, concept feasibility assessments, requirements development, implementation follow-through, and test verification.
- Experience with technical concept of operation development, system requirements document development, statements of work, system design and implementation, test plans and test document development.
- Bachelors degree in relevant engineering field preferred. No degree with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience will be considered.
- Understanding of programmatic and design processes
- Awareness and understanding of emerging technologies that would affect customer objectives. Technical knowledge of wireless technologies
- Knowledge of the broader customer environment"
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job