Full Time Employee
Electrical Engineer (Job Number:430008)
SAIC has a new opportunity for a specialist in Electrical Engineering to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position will provide subject matter expertise to customers in electrical systems technology development, analog and digital electronics, power system electronics, circuit design, radio frequency (RF) and communications electronics, platform-specific subsystem development, advances in component technology, electronics packaging and new concept development.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as a Systems Engineer/Specialist as part of a world- class Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Provide technical insight to electrical systems development, from component design through integration, test and operations
- Make recommendations on component selection and packaging for low-SWAP (Space, Weight, and Power) systems, designed for stressing environments Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
- Evaluate concept designs and system integration strategies
- Review vendor schematics and ensure proper interface development
- Author system level requirements and coordinate proper decomposition to lower level requirements Review development contractor?s documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
- Review program for high risk areas and recommend mitigation approaches Conduct modeling and simulation exercises as needed
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums Investigate innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis
- Refine and develop measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures to support all facets of testing and operations
- Conduct user outreach and research new concept designs to solve hard problems
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging work.
- Candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph.
- Security Clearance - Must currently possess: Top Secret (TS)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2017, 5:38:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job