Senior Telemetry and Command (T&C) Ground System Engineer (Job Number:429997)
Senior Telemetry and Command (T&C) Ground System Engineer position supporting the Goddard Space Flight Center, JPSS C3S Ground Systems Engineering & Mission Readiness Group.
Description of Duties:
This is a middle to senior ground system engineering position with an emphasis on ground system engineering and test services during the continued implementation of upgrades to the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment of the ground system for the National Polar Partnership (NPP) and Global Change Observation Mission (GCOM) as well as implementation of the Joint Polar Satellite System 1 (JPSS-1) and future mission capabilities.
The candidate must have a strong technical base in the following areas:
- Software development, integration and test of a Telemetry and Command (T&C) Ground System
- Engineering design of a Telemetry and Command Ground System
- Understanding of basic system engineering concepts:
- Design Definition
- Requirements Development
- Concept of Operations
- Verification Planning
- Oversee the development, installation, integration and testing of new hardware and software
- Experience in ground stations with emphasis on communications and test.
- Task management experience
- Flight software database and table management
- Basic understanding of CCSDS data formats
- Experience with Space Link Extension (SLE) a plus
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to lead and interact with distributed team members and different corporate cultures
- Self-starter and good organizer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and commercial business applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job