DoD Senior Acquisition Specialist(Horizon) (Job Number:430031)
SAIC is seeking a Senior level Acquisition Specialist/Program Management Expert to support Senior Leadership, Program Managers, and Contracting Officers working classified programs at the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY). The position requires broad experience with the DoD program acquisition processes and documents required for acquisition planning, program execution, and DoD milestone decisions (as tailored from DoDI 5000.02).
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expert advice to the Program Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies, contracting, budgeting and execution
- Develop/coordinate acquisition planning briefings and documents (e.g., ESIS, ASP, ASD, J&A, etc.)
- Develop/coordinate solicitation planning and execution documents (e.g., RFP (SOW, CDRLs, Incentive Plans, etc.), Source Selection Strategy, etc.)
- Develop/coordinate overarching program planning and execution documents as prescribed by/tailored from DoDI 5000.02, and relevant DoD, AF, and SMC policies
- Draft technical evaluations and function as an advisor in source selections.
- 14+ years of relevant experience with 8+ years of experience in acquisition and program management within the Air Force community.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
- BS/BA Degree- Business or Engineering.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office.
- Must be able to work independently.
- 12+ years of experience in acquisition and program management within the Air Force community.
- System Engineering experience
- Source Selection experience
- Space Control experience
- PMP Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job