C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
Full Time Employee
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next
Under the direction of a Rig Supervisor, the Crew Chief organizes the rig crew, conducts Job Safety Meetings, delegates the collection of materials and equipment needed to perform the contracted services, drives the Rig to the work site, operates the rig and equipment and directs the crew to set-up and prepare the rig for the tasks to be performed. Directs the assigned crew workers and derrick workers to safely perform the service tasks contracted by a client utilizing the equipment provided by the employer; documents services performed the billable supplies used during the process and the time elapsed while performing the contracted services Also records employee compensable time.
1. Available to work beyond the traditional 8 hour work day; available to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, to meet operational needs. Well services work is generally performed during day-light hours, Monday through Friday, occasionally on Saturday and or Sunday. Certain operations cannot however be completed during a single daylight period and must be continued without interruption, over several consecutive days. Such operations are referred to as "24 hour operations," and require two or more shifts, crews, to operate the rig. Able to work at heights up to or greater than 50 feet.
2. Dependability is imperative. Reporting for work at the prescribed location and time, dressed for deployment to work, is essential. Unauthorized absences will result in discipline up to and including employment termination.
3. Compliance with public laws and company policies is essential. Non-compliance will result in discipline up to and including termination of employment.
4. Drive rig and other vehicles assigned to the project.
5. Must be available for work as needed regardless of time of day or day of the week; and occasionally be available for shift work. Well services work is generally performed during day-light hours, Monday through Friday, occasionally on Saturday and or Sunday but may occasionally involve 24 hour shift work.
6. Position the rig, raise and lower the mast. Direct other crew members in rigging up guy-lines, various equipment and tools; lift, remove, install and operate wellhead, pumping units matting boards, tubing, rods, casing, rod strippers, polish rods, stripper heads and other production equipment in a manner consistent with safe operating procedures to perform the contracted services.
7. Directs the crew members in performing routine maintenance and repair activities of the rig and rig tools
8. Complies with the client's and the company's safe operating procedures. All activities are to be performed consistent with the company's Safe Operating Procedures, to provide the maximum protection for all workers at the work site, the environment, the equipment; and complete the tasks efficiently.
9. Conducts safety meetings and performs JSA's with his crew members and other service providers on site.
10. May be required to drive a company, light or DOT regulated commercial vehicle.
11. Completes the Field Service Reports, documenting services performed, equipment used, billable consumables and compensable crew time.
12. Incumbent employee is expected to participate in company provided training in rig operations, Standard Operating Procedures and safe work procedures.
13. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
14. Adheres to company policies and work requirements.
15. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
16. Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
17. This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
18. While performing the job, the Crew Chief will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
19. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
20. Other requirements include mental, physical and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all Company, local, State, and Federal regulations and requirements.
21. This position requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment including safety glasses, face shields, goggles, ear muffs/plugs, steel toe boots, hard hat, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK suits and gloves.
* Pass the company's drug screen.
* Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment."
* Motor Vehicle Record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
* Acceptable criminal history
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
* Two years or more of recent, prior Workover rig operating experience.
* Well Control training certification.
* Available to work beyond the traditional 8 hour work day; available to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, to meet operational needs.
* Able to work at heights up to or greater than 50 feet.
* Prior First Aid, CPR, H2S, confined space entry, defensive driver training, is an asset.