C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
Full Time Employee
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
The Pump (Kill) Truck Operator drives and operates the Pump (Kill) Truck hauling various oil field related fluids to kill and or control the flow of oil and gas wells. These fluids are picked up at various locations and transported to various field locations to be used in well servicing and drilling operations. These fluids include fresh water, brine (salt) water of various weights, KCL water, various drilling fluids (mud) and packer fluids. At the well location, the pump (Kill) Truck Operator will operate the equipment of the truck to "Kill" the well, according to procedures established by the customer and the manufactures of the equipment, to keep the well under control and flowing back to the surface during well service operations.
1. The Pump (Kill) Truck Operator drives the Pump (Kill) Truck to the locations to load/unload fluids as required by the job. Opens valves used to load fluids from the station to the truck with the use of the truck's transfer pump.
2. This position requires the employee to pull hose(s) from the truck's hose tray and connect one end of the hose to the truck and the other end to the load valve.
3. The position requires monitoring of the amount of fluid required for the job based on the type fluid requested by the customer, the amount of fluid the truck is lawfully allowed to haul, and other requirements.
4. The position will require the Driver to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company and customer's requirements, maintain accurate driving log books, and pretrip/post-trip inspections. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when work hours may exceed DOT maximums.
5. Understanding basic maintenance concepts is required for this position to perform light to heavy repairs as may be required. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the Driver to have the proper brake certification. This position requires the use of hand tools and other associated equipment for this vehicle.
6. This position requires the ability to wear the following personal protective equipment to including safety glasses, face shields, goggles, ear muffs/plugs, hard hat steel toe boots, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK chemical suits and gloves.
7. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
8. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
9. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.