C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
JOB TITLE: Shop Hand
DEPARTMENT: ESPCT Department
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Help production and/or maintenance workers by performing duties to include but not limited to supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Operate machinery or assist machine operators.
- Assist with duties related to the work environment.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Record information such as the number of products tested, meter readings, and dates and times of product production.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- 2-4 years of Shop Hand experience, preferred.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
- Prior experience as an Iron Technician, preferred.
Save This Job
Email This Job to a Friend