Full Time Employee
Director, Facilities Operations (Job Number:430108)
The Director of Facilities Operations serves as the central point of control and management for strategic planning, portfolio management, personnel, and all real estate transactions on owned and/or leased facilities. Portfolio management encompasses the management of all facilities including space planning, office services, construction transactions, contract services, and management of both internal and outsourced resources. Also, responsible for the Environmental, Health, & Safety (EH&S) and Sustainability programs. The EH&S and Sustainability programs include oversight of all relevant regulatory and compliance matters affecting the company, whether at an SAIC or customer location. The Director has final approval authority for corporate real estate decisions.
The responsibilities of this role touches all functional departments of the Company that occupy owned and/or leased facilities; inclusive of corporate offices, manufacturing, distribution, and research and development facilities. The Director develops short and long-term strategies for managing the financial impact of real estate in order to minimize real estate expenses and to enhance the optimization of operating expenses based on the square footage of facilities occupied.
This role is expected to develop and manage collaborative relationships, both regionally and across functional areas, to determine real estate requirements. This role is also expected to manage and provide information relative to market conditions, anticipated costs, transaction viability and expected timelines, as well as align real estate transactions with the 1, 3, and 5 year business strategies and objectives of the Line organizations and other functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing complex capital and expense budgets across multiple rate pools, service centers and charge back allocations in excess of $70M annually.
- Ensuring all relevant corporate financial policies are adhered to, as well as GAAP and FAR.
- Creating complex real estate and financial models that conform to corporate accounting practices to minimize real estate costs and risks.
- Representing the Company on all facilities and construction related issues, resolving major issues with landlords, and managing rent and operating expense adjustments for conformance with lease provisions.
- Developing cost effective occupancy solutions in alignment with the needs of the business, including parameters for location, lease vs. own, length of lease term, financial commitment, exit strategies and operating budgets; all of which influence the scope, timing and cost of strategic business decisions.
- Managing and coordinating internal and outsourced contract partners along with numerous third party vendors responsible for managing and maintaining the CRE portfolio.
- Supervising and coordinating this cross-platform team into one cohesive organization to provide professional services across the organization. These services consist of directing the facilities management Operations including; mail, shipping & receiving, copiers, janitorial, food service, life safety, E&HS, sustainability, energy management, property management, plant maintenance and utility Operations.
Must have a Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration or a related field and be proficient in advanced human re-engineering along with at least 15 years of experience in a large complex environment.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of an organization. Must be well organized with strong project management skills, working knowledge of real estate finance and be an effective working leader.
US Citizenship Required
The position will be based in Reston, VA and travel is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 21, 2017, 5:21:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job