HPC Scientists and Engineers (Job Number:430115)
SAIC has contingent job opportunities to support a NASA program at several locations including the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division at Ames Research Center (ARC), the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), other NASA Centers, and Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
SAIC has opportunities for HPC Scientists and Engineers
The Scientist defines requirements for complex systems, preparing studies and analyzing available and next generation computational technologies. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet customer mission and goals, including present and future capacity requirements. Reviews and analyzes data from research studies, develops reports and conclusions based on those data, makes recommendations regarding areas of investigation needed in specific research program areas, develops program and product development plans to accomplish specific research/product goals, etc., and critiques/evaluates individual research projects and overall research programs. Scientists may have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, biology, molecular biology, ecology, veterinary science, environmental science, medicinal chemistry, genomics, bioinformatics, bacteriology, stem cell research, agronomy, agriculture and agricultural sciences, etc. These scientists will use advanced data reporting techniques, mathematics and statistics in order to conduct and report their research.
The Engineer defines requirements for complex systems, preparing studies and analyzing available and next generation computational technologies. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Constructs evaluation strategies to evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to the business for incorporation of these technologies into upcoming products and services. These evaluations may include developing and/or running benchmark performance suites. Develops and conducts testing of integrated systems prior to acceptance. Maintains technical expertise in relevant HPC technologies which may include storage, networking, high-speed interconnects, operating systems, cluster file systems, parallel programming, cluster management, message passing interface (MPI), and job scheduling. Integrates infrastructure design with other enterprise IT elements such as virtualization and cloud computing. Evaluates and reports on new computational technologies. May also support or lead systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Operations. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA). Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Required Experience and Skills
- Understanding of parallel programming concepts and application development. In-depth understanding of one or more computational technical areas such as computational fluid dynamics, computational chemistry, computational physics, or advanced modeling and simulation is preferred.
- Domain knowledge in HPC and system software such as cluster management/ provisioning tools, job schedulers, workflow tools, load balancing tools, etc.
- In-depth understanding of one or more of the technology fields in storage (FC, SAS, iSCSI, FCoE, etc), high speed interconnects (Omnipath, InfiniBand, 10GigE, etc), cluster file systems (pNFS, Lustre, PVFS, GPFS, etc), provisioning tools, parallel programming techniques, code optimization, code porting.
- Hands-on experience with performance analysis tools, benchmarks and applications. Experience developing or tailoring benchmarks for use in acquisition support is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, creating innovative processes and solutions
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience specifying user-representative requirements for complex computational environments
- Experience managing or supporting in a significant role, the acquisition, integration, and acceptance lifecycle of one or more complex computational systems or system upgrades in a mission critical or production R&D computational environment.
- BS is required. BS, MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or other related technical discipline is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MOFFETT FIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NACI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job