DTS Travel Assistant (Job Number:430126)
We are seeking a DTS Travel Assistant who has provides administrative support the Office of the Secretary of Defense in providing a full range of administrative services. A successful candidate will be able to work in a high pace environment, deliver quality products and address multiple requirements. The candidate can apply their administrative skills to help solve complex issues and ensure the office workflow continues even during high demand activities. Duties include:
- Provide training of current and emerging tools and methods
- Plan for continued operations
- Provide travel support using the DoD DTS system.
- Coordinate travel requirements to include local, CONUS and international destinations.
- Support the changes to travel and assist in any required pre-travel clearance and approvals in a timely manner.
- Utilize several task tracking systems (e.g., CATMS, SACCP, TMT)
- Assist in developing special event requirements such as time and place, location, duration, number of attendees, security requirements, and travel arrangements.
- Arrange for appropriate conference rooms/facilities and prepare meeting places in accordance with acceptable protocol and security procedures such as seating arrangements and security verification.
- DOD Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain clearances at the highest level.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 4 years of direct administrative support experience and a Headquarters or Executive level DoD office, two years of which supporting high level military or civilian officials.
- At least two years of experience with the office of the Secretary of Defense, or equivalent office.
- 1 year of experience with DOD Defense Travel System
- 1 year of experience with one the following tracking systems such as CATMS, SACCP or TMT.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use DoD travel, correspondence, workflow and other administrative tools.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree highly desired.
- An active DoD badge.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job