Full Time Employee
Ground Combat Vehicle Program Manager - Sterling Heights, MI (Job Number:430110)
SAIC is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to support our Next Generation Combat Vehicle (NGCV) Program. This position is contingent upon contact award and will be located in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing the implementation of specific government or commercial contracts. The PM will plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken by an organization to acquire and execute a specific piece of business, either competitively or non-competitively. Will integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements. The PM will plan and implement actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD with 7 Years or M.A/M.S. with 9 or B.S with 11 Years. PhD/MA/MS/BA/BS in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline. Advance degree preferred.
- Extensive military vehicle or automotive production experience
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Demonstrated experience performing the full range of Supplier Management with respect to: subcontractors, suppliers, and/or vendors (scope definition, negotiation, execution, issue resolution, acceptance, etc.)
- Experience in managing government contracts
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close projects
- Ability to hire, develop, motivate, direct, and retain staff
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Ability to identify, manage and mitigate risk
- Ability to plan strategically
- Ability to effectively represent the company / program
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience with US Army or USMC product development, production, and fielding processes
- Experience with US Army or USMC program management
- Earned Value Management
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
- ISO-9001:2015 Experience
- Quality system certification or experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 21, 2017, 8:24:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-MI-Sterling HEIGHTS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job