Security Engineer/Architect (Job Number:430309)
The SAIC Corporate ITO (Information Technology Office) Group currently has a need for a Security Engineer/Architect . This position is located in Orlando FL.
- Lead projects on improving security services, enhancing security posture, implementing new services and/or remediation.
- Deliver projects from inception to deployment following ITIL processes and path to production using the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Lead/assist in engineering security solutions that may include, but not limited to, datacenter firewalls, application firewalls, database security, endpoint security, and network/system forensics technology.
- Responsible for developing and improving on existing correlation strategies as they relate to all security solutions with the goal of increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our overall detection and prevention capabilities.
- Execute cyber security projects related to enhancements, capacity planning, creating or maintaining engineering documentation, auditing systems being used as designed, and auditing systems that continue to meet the needs of the operational security teams utilizing them.
- Troubleshoot and resolve security service issues within the network and endpoint security environment.
- Lead/assist cyber security engineers and security operations teams in engineering and troubleshooting difficult or time- sensitive problems.
- Lead/Assist other system engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant, and to lend your unique areas of expertise when required.
- Identify client needs and design; propose and implement solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment
- Enhance capabilities of existing security systems through engineering enhancements, customer education, and process development.
- Ensure various security systems are working in unison and the SIEM solution is tuned to provide best value from the system.
- Oversee usage of security technologies by forensic and operational security teams ensuring products are utilized effectively.
- Assist security analysts, operational engineers and related teams in both understanding and utilizing security tools and systems from a tier three support perspective.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience
- 9+ years of experience in engineering enterprise security solutions for medium or large organizations
- Hands-on experience implementing, deploying and maintaining security tools to enhance the network and endpoint security posture.
- Experience in enterprise security technologies encompassing design, implementation and support.
- 6+ years of experience in supporting intrusion detection and prevention technologies or application and database-specific security technologies.
- Experience assisting other system engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills for both internal and external customers, partners and services.
- Experience in engineering enterprise security solutions for medium and large organizations. The candidate must have strong network engineering background and be well-versed in network topologies and technologies.
- Experience leading engineering designs as a security subject matter expert for the deployment of multiple security tools and services.
- Proven experience performing market analysis and perform analysis of alternatives for commercial off the shelf solutions during product selection.
- Experience researching and resolving complex problems that require architectural and/or engineering redesign.
- Resolutions should include root cause and action plans intended to reduce or eliminate the reoccurrence of similar problems.
- Experience Identifying client needs and design; implementing solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment requirements.
- Experience in the design, deployment and maintenance of multiple enterprise security solutions and will report into the corporate Information Technology Office.
- Experience with engineering security solutions that may include, but not limited to, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities. Involves complete knowledge of this administrative field and the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments.
- Must be a US Citizen, and able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance. Disired to obtain upwards to a TS SCI
- Certifications and/or training in Intrusion Detection, Pen Testing and General Network Defense.
- Examples include: SANS GIAC: GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCWN, GCED, GXPN; EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Sourcefire SCSE
- Experience in the direct deployment and maintenance of other security products i.e. Web Application Firewalls, Database Application Firewalls, Network Firewalls, Network IDS/IPS, HIPS/HIDS, Desktop Antivirus, Content Filtering, Packet Sniffers
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) and database security hardening.
- Experience in programming and/or scripting, especially common web development languages such as PHP and AJAX.
- Experience with architecting and engineering solutions for Datacenter deployments
- Experience with cloud technologies, specifically public cloud security deployments.
Objective and Expectations for the role:
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered expert in field within the organization.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect organization.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective for desired results.
- Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-ORLANDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job