Full Time Employee
VMWare Administrator (Job Number:430315)
SAIC is seeking a VMWare Administrator in North Charleston, SC.
- Responsible for maintaining the virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements.
- Maintain reliable, secure and high performing systems in a multi-domain, multi-site Windows Active Directory environment that consists of SQL servers, VMware vCenter 5.5, and Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare vCenter infrastructure.
- Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare ESXi infrastructure.
- Maintain VM templates for building servers in the virtual environment.
- Proactively monitor event logs for changes or errors and take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Manage available virtual and storage resources within the infrastructure environment.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve problems.
- Perform upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages (ie. VDI components, Windows services, or other enterprise apps) as necessary.
- Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure environment.
Required Education and Experience.
- Bachelors and 2 years of related experience or 6 years of related experience without the degree.
- Active DOD Secret clearance.
- Security+ certification
- Experience with VMWare vCenter 5.x or VMWare vCenter 6.x AND SQL server.
- Experience with Solarwinds, VCenter, WSUS, SCCM, or SCOM.
- Experience with Microsoft?s Windows Server 2008/2012
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure technologies (AD, DNS, MS Clustering)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to discuss/document technical information.
- Ability to execute assignments within established timeframes and quality standards, while responding to immediate needs.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask with propensity to handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2017, 5:27:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job