Full Time Employee Contractor
Systems engineers will be requested to participate in the process by which a new software applications/components is created. Also, it’s their role to provide for the customer’s needs, evaluate options, run appropriate models, integrate software application into the current system model, launch the new applications and then do follow-up to make sure it’s running properly from beginning to end.
• Engineering highly complex solutions across to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
• Reviewing and recommending solution(s) to Management based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and Systems Management/life cycle issues.
• Providing escalated Tier-3 technical Support by investigating and resolving Systems-related matters of significance. (Note: This depends on Service Delivery Group)
• Developing and applying advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex system requirements and problems.
• Developing training tools and architectural documentation.
• Managing operational tools team responsible for monitoring the operational infrastructure, supporting asset and inventory Management, change and configuration Management, problem and incident resolution, availability and capacity Management. (Ex., of Enterprise Management tools include: ServiceNow, Solarwinds, HP Service Manager and Splunk.)
• Familiar with Software Development Lifecycle Support (SDLC) or SCRUM/AGILE methodology
• Retrieval of software requirements and breaking those down into functional requirements to be distributed among team members using ServiceNow.
• Ensuring service levels agreements and objectives are met.
• Creating and implementing operations improvements to meet established objectives across multiple facilities.
• Developing processes for leveraging and using resources to meet customer needs.
• Developing and maintaining communications with Management and staff to ensure that service is delivered on time and within budget or contractual obligations.
• Investigating and resolving matters of significance as appropriate.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
Seven (7) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. Experienced system engineer to work with IT enterprise level system configuration and monitoring tools such as HP Openview, Solarwinds, Splunk, Remedy, ServiceNow. SE will be asked to provide hands-on application development, testing and deployment
Preferred: DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification
NET/ad/N4789.280710.MILITARYHIRE/B6478744;sz=1x1;ord=1512975211603?" border="0" width="1" height="1" alt="Advertisement" />