Targeting Analyst (Job Number:430461)
- Our Targeting Analysts will conduct intelligence research and analysis, identify collection opportunities, and prepare targeting products and foreign intelligence (FI) reports in support of a weapons of mass destruction (WMD) intelligence program for an Intelligence Community (IC) customer.
- Our Targeting Analysts must have a demonstrated tradecraft skillset in imagery analysis, geospatial/GIS analysis, SIGINT analysis, OSINT analysis, or all-source analysis and must have tradecraft-specific expertise in relevant IC and commercial tools and methodologies, such as imagery analysis, SAR/CCD analysis, MSI/HSI analysis, video/FMV analysis, telephony analysis, geolocation/IP analysis, PCAP/network analysis, financial analysis, trend analysis, competing hypotheses analysis, data mining, or data analytics.
- Our Targeting Analysts must be able to communicate with scientific and engineering experts and must be able to work with targeting analysts with other tradecraft skillsets to produce unified intelligence products (e.g., a geospatial/GIS analyst must be able to work with a SIGINT analyst to prepare a product that includes analyses from both).
- Duties include tradecraft- specific taskings such as analyzing and chipping imagery, tasking for NTM collection, performing line-of-sight/viewshed analysis, developing social network/link charts, documenting program histories, analyzing patterns of life, engaging operations specialists, preparing intelligence products, managing product coordination/review, and supporting product quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) processes.
- Our Targeting Analysts must be able to work under tight deadlines and periodically work shift and/or weekend hours.
- Our team will provide interdisciplinary imagery, geospatial, targeting, and technical analyses to support WMD intelligence operations for an IC customer.
- The team is responsible for researching and analyzing technical issues associated with strategic and tactical threats posed by WMD (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear; CBRN) and delivery systems (ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and unmanned aerial vehicles; UAVs) to identify intelligence collection opportunities, support intelligence operations, monitor dual-use technologies, and interpret/explain technical data.
- The team uses all-source (GEOINT, HUMINT, OSINT, MASINT, and SIGINT) tools, databases, and methods for its research and prepares annotated imagery (EO, IR, and radar), geospatial/cartographic products, targeting packages, program summaries, operational cables, technical assessments, and foreign intelligence (FI) reports.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph; Q clearance a plus.
- Candidates may be required to provide writing examples, cartography portfolios, imagery products, or other examples of their tradecraft.
- Candidates may be asked to provide professional references.
- Candidates may be asked to provide an official transcript or diploma (original, not copy) for each degree.
- Candidates may be asked to provide a demonstration of fundamental MS Word or MS Excel skills (e.g., creating a table, inserting a graphic, using Track Changes, navigating a worksheet, and/or creating a simple formula).
- Please highlight in your cover letter which desired qualification(s) that you meet; you must meet at least one. Job title and salary will be commensurate with relevant education/experience combination.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Targeting Analysts applying for an imagery analyst position must have graduated from a US Government or US military imagery analysis school.
- Minimum three years? experience supporting an IC or military customer.
- Demonstrated experience in tradecraft skillset; see
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word and Excel; ability to create/edit documents and manipulate data/formulas.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (must meet at least one):
- BS/BA in natural science or engineering field; MS or PhD a plus.
- Experience with WMD and/or delivery systems intelligence.
- Experience with imagery tools (e.g., ENVI, RemoteView, SOCET GXP, VII).
- Experience with geospatial/GIS tools (e.g., ArcGIS, Global Mapper, and TerraGo/GeoPDF).
- Experience with network analysis tools (e.g., BatchGeo, IP2Location, MaxMind, Message Analyzer, Neustar/Quova, Splunk, W3C, and Wireshark).
- Experience with open-source analysis tools (e.g., Analyst?s Notebook, Dataverse, OpenGrey, Palantir, Safari, Twitonomy, Watson, and Web of Science).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 5, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job