IT Desktop Support (Job Number:430529)
SAIC has an opening for an IT Help Desk supporting our customer at Fort Meade, MD.
- IT specialist handles tasks such as creating and editing of user accounts.
- Imaging and distribution of computers.
- Running cable (cat 5, cat6 and fiber).
- Termination of cat 5 cable. Connection of cables to hubs, routers, switches. Support end-users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware. Interact with network services, software system engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Respond to incidents within the defined response times by the Help Desk Operations.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Education and Experience:
HS Dip or GED required, Bachelors preferred
5 years of experience operating an IT Helpdesk supporting computer networks, telephones, and VTCs
A+, Net+, or Security+
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) ? routing and switching
Capable of operating cyber range and IT lab testing environments.
Experience with Server and Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) management and configuration Experience with VSphere Virtual environment management and configuration
Must currently possess or be able to obtain a TS/SCI with Poly security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job