Technical Analyst - WMD (Job Number:430570)
- Our Technical Analysts will review laboratory reports and prepare technical assessments and foreign intelligence (FI) reports in support of a weapons of mass destruction (WMD) intelligence program for an Intelligence Community (IC) customer.
- Our Technical Analysts must be able to read and understand chemical, biological, nuclear, or engineering laboratory reports that may include technical data such as mass spectra, gas chromatograms, gel electropherograms, gamma-ray spectra, or radiofrequency spectral surveys, depending on the specific technical discipline.
- Our Technical Analysts are not expected to be technical experts, but must be able to communicate with scientific and engineering experts and must be able to learn fundamentals of the specific technical WMD discipline.
- Duties include reviewing laboratory reports, verifying laboratory calculations, engaging technical experts, conducting all-source intelligence research and analysis, preparing technical assessments and FI reports, management product coordination/review, and supporting product quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) processes.
- Opportunities for cross-training in other technical disciplines may become available, depending on successes demonstrated with this IC customer (e.g., if you come on board as a chemical analyst, you may expand your responsibilities to provide backup to biological, nuclear or missiles analysts, pending demonstrated successes).
- Our team will provide interdisciplinary imagery, geospatial, targeting, and technical analyses to support WMD intelligence operations for an IC customer.
- The team is responsible for researching and analyzing technical issues associated with strategic and tactical threats posed by WMD (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear; CBRN) and delivery systems (ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and unmanned aerial vehicles; UAVs) to identify intelligence collection opportunities, support intelligence operations, monitor dual-use technologies, and interpret/explain technical data.
- The team uses all-source (GEOINT, HUMINT, OSINT, MASINT, and SIGINT) tools, databases, and methods for its research and prepares annotated imagery (EO, IR, and radar), geospatial/cartographic products, targeting packages, program summaries, operational cables, technical assessments, and foreign intelligence (FI) reports.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Candidates may be required to provide writing examples, cartography portfolios, imagery products, or other examples of their tradecraft.
- Candidates may be asked to provide professional references. Candidates may be asked to provide an official transcript or diploma (original, not copy) for each degree.
- Candidates may be asked to provide a demonstration of fundamental MS Word or MS Excel skills (e.g., creating a table, inserting a graphic, using Track Changes, navigating a worksheet, and/or creating a simple formula).
- Please highlight in your cover letter which desired qualification(s) that you meet; you must meet at least one.
- Job title and salary will be commensurate with relevant education/experience combination. Position is pending contract competition and is anticipated to be awarded in early 2018.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph; Q clearance a plus.
- BS/BA in natural science or engineering field; MS or PhD a plus.
- A minimum of 9+ years professional experience related to this type or roll with a minimum two years? experience supporting an IC or military customer.
- Minimum two years? experience with WMD and/or delivery systems intelligence.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word and Excel; ability to create/edit documents and manipulate data/formulas.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (must meet at least one):
- Experience with emerging and/or disruptive technology intelligence.
- Experience with SIGINT and MASINT tools, databases, methods, and reporting.
- Experience in research and/or commercial laboratory (chemistry, biology, or physics).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 8, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job