Military Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist - Stuttgart (Job Number:430688)
Military Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation (AME) Specialist The Military AME Specialist will work onsite in a Geographic Combatant Command (GCC) headquarters and coordinate with the GCC and the Offices of Security Cooperation (OSCs) in U.S. Embassies to plan, schedule, arrange logistics for, and perform AME activities in nations in the respective AOR and other designated areas, or globally, as needed. AME Specialists will assist in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational capacity and capability improvements in foreign security forces and will serve as subject matter experts (SMEs) in their fields.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and Master's degree and/or diploma from a US military Command and Staff College or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years military experience as a U.S. armed forces officer. The types of persons needed include:
- Army or Marine Corps infantry officer, preferably Special Forces qualified, preferably with combat experience.
- Navy Special Warfare officer, preferably with combat experience.
- Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine, or Coast Guard rotary-wing (helicopter) or fixed-wing aviator, preferably with flying experience in conflict zones.
- Navy or Coast Guard officer with maritime surveillance radar credentials and direct, hands-on experience.
- Military officer from any service with direct, hands-on experience with overseas counter- narcotics missions.
- Military intelligence officer from any service with direct, hands-on experience working with foreign military intelligence organizations.
- Knowledge of DoD security cooperation programs and State Department security assistance programs and the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.
- Ability to work with US State Department, DOD, and foreign military senior officers and officials in a respectful, professional, and direct manner.
- Professional in conduct and appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S. military and civilian officials.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support, scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all work, while tracking multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to travel in locally provided military aircraft, vehicles, and boats for trips to remote bases.
- Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
- Ability and willing to walk up to two miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles, aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds, rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: Germany-BW-STUTTGART
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job