Full Time Employee
Tactical Networks Help Desk Support Specialist (Job Number:430592)
SAIC has an immediate need for a Help Desk Support Specialist to work at our customer site in San Diego, CA.
The Help Desk Support Specialist will provide technical Support and troubleshooting for Tactical Networks In-service Engineering Activity supported networks to fleet system administrators and maintainers. Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically. Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software issues as well as logistics and administrative questions. Research questions using available information resources: (technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages, and knowledge base). Advise customer on appropriate action. Follow standard help desk procedures. Log all help desk interactions in Remedy. Redirect problems to appropriate resources. Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention. Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions. Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and metrics calls. Stay current with system information, changes and updates. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information. Rotating shifts provide 24 hour Support 5 days per week with occasional on-call weekends.
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database Software Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings and overnight.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis Problem-solving
- Adaptability and stress tolerance
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years of experience. Four (4) years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification required, or certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2017, 2:57:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-San Diego
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job