Project Execution & Technical Program Analyst (Job Number:430661)
- SAIC is seeking Program Analysts to provide on-site Project Execution and Technical support as part of a contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Strategic Capabilities Office (OSD/SCO).
- The candidate will:
- Develop program plans, schedule, milestones, and monitor technical progress against performance objectives and budget and assist in creating pathways for these technologies to enter into warfighter capability sets.
- Collaborate to form partnerships with Service or Defense Agency Program Offices to leverage existing capabilities in new and innovative ways and to provide expertise in relevant technical disciplines.
- Assist in conducting quantitative analyses of system mission requirements as they pertain to the potential insertion of advanced technologies, evaluate alternatives and trade-offs, evaluate costs and benefits, investigate compatibility, inter-operability and integration, and study reliability issues.
- Provide input to the SCO regarding portfolio objectives and in carrying out associated technical and program management responsibilities including conducting technical analyses to help define, assess, and monitor the technical aspects of the program.
- Conduct performance analyses and assist with technical assessments of performer progress based on the task elements within the performer?s SOW in order to track program progress, technical risk, and potential program impact of failure.
- Assist in the development and transition of technologies and systems to the user community.
- Support the activities of on-going and future work and be familiar with the interaction of the technology/system program with the respective community at large.
- Identify and translate user requirements into specific technology/system R&D objectives, illustrating the benefits of applying the technology/system to military equipment users and developers.
- Identify the military and commercial utility of new products and technology/system developments, including defining system architectures and supporting subsystem performance requirements.
- Coordinate rapid prototyping and demonstration efforts to generate preliminary technical management plans, cost estimates for demonstrations, and project milestone schedules for senior leadership.
- Senior position calls for 20 years of recent and relevant programmatic and technical support experience.
- Mid-level position calls for 15 years of recent and relevant programmatic and technical support experience.
- Both positons call for proficiency in program management and systems engineering.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following
- Space Control, Spaced-based ISR and/or Ground/Air/Space integration
- Maritime Operations and Shipboard environments with experience as surface warfare officer
- Undersea weapons with experience as submarine officer
- Army long range fires,
- Data science, artificial intelligence, deep learning systems,
- Autonomous systems,
- Long range weapon kill chains,
- Communications, networking, inter-networking in communications in denied environments.
- Maritime Operations and Shipboard environments
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university in engineerng, computer science, physics, or other science and technology related subjects.
- TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the DoD and the Military Departments
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, and be independently motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and/or other equivalent program management tools.
- Security clearance with a DCID 6/4 eligibility within the last five (5) years.
- Experience working with DoD, Joint Staff, the Military Departments, Service Program/Project Offices.
- Location - DARPA building/Arlington, VA
- Occasional travel may be required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job