MSC ITESS Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) (Job Number:430731)
SAIC has a contingent opening for an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) supporting Military Sealift Command. This is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) will establish an IA Program to implement and sustain appropriate IA management, operation, and technical controls and processes required to safeguard DoD non-public information resident on or transiting the contractor?s unclassified information systems from unauthorized access and disclosure. The ISSE shall provide program specific input for the development of new application Security documentation and the updating of existing application Security documentation to facilitate the Security accreditation of the system IAW the current C&A guidance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience
- A minimum of a SECRET clearance is required for this position
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accredited Institution or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process
- The ISSE shall have (5 years) experience managing and leading the successful capturing and refining of information protection requirements and ensuring their integration into IT systems through purposeful Security design or configuration.
The ISSE shall have experience in the following areas:
- Information Assurance Vulnerability alerts and researching the IAVA/B/T occurrences within the following:
- Vulnerabilities and risks associated with Windows operating systems, and components
- Vulnerability incident reporting
- Cognizance of various DoD policies and regulations (e.g. 8500, 5200), and ability to interpret such policies and regulations as are provided to the Afloat community
- Develop, Review, & Provide feedback on DoD/MSC Information Assurance Packages, documents, orders and instructions
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills to carry out this assignment with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job