JRDC 19359 Network Engineer (Job Number:430564)
- Network Engineer to support multiple Task Orders on the JRDC program, supporting daily Network operations and events for the DTG, DTWX and DE organizations at Schriever AFB, CO
- Duties include design, configuration, installation, maintenance, break fix activities, test and troubleshooting of IT Network systems primarily consisting of Cisco and Linux based LAN/WANs Responsible for deriving system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and event objectives; developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans; and ushering proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation.
- Must be process oriented and have strong technical writing and verbal communication skills and the willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal or no supervision
- Must have the ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- This position will require significant CONUS and OCONUS travel (could be 50% or more)
- This position will require some extended work week and off hour work
- The candidate must have at least one of the following certifications or an ability to obtain within
- 30 days of hire: Security+, Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Must be certified Security+ or equivalent, per DoD 8570.
- Professional hands-on experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting of the following technologies: Cisco routers/switches/firewalls/IPS, internal and external routing protocols, TCP and UDP, IP, multicast and Ethernet broadcast in a multi-layer operational Network environment, Voice over IP Call Manager, local and long-haul data transmission mediums (RS-530, Tl, OC-x, etc.), SONET, Type I encryption devices and Network timing systems, Microsoft Windows Computing Environments, Knowledge in/with DISA and SHB imaging standards.
- Existing DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Employee company must have Defense Base Act Insurance
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time - CONUS and OCONUS
- Experience with MDA/DTG, MDA/DTW, and/or MDA/ESI customers
- Experience with communication networks (MDACNet, DISN, SIPRNet, JTEN)
- Familiar with architecture supporting Mission Partner Environments (MPE)
- DoD networking experience with classified data networks and strong grasp of red/black concepts and IA compliance
- Knowledge of MDA classified networks. Experience in a training and exercise environment, particularly wargame operations
- Knowledge of DIS, VMF, SSF, TDIL-J, and C2BMC
- CISSP, CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE certified
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well in a team environment, have strong interpersonal skills and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Existing DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2017, 5:00:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job