Full Time Employee
Machine Learning SETA (Job Number:430859)
SAIC is currently looking for a Cyber Research Scientist ? Scientific/Engineering Technical Assistant Provide Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to a Government Program Manager (PM) in support of the program conducting Cyber research. Provide independent subject matter expertise support to the Government PM in the review and assessment of program performance, technical deliverables, and program and performer publications based on a strong understanding of programming languages and compiler development, cryptography, and systems security analysis.
- Developing and refining the program concept and specifying deliverables
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with transition partners
- Solicitation and source selection administration
- Analyzing contractors? technical performance, deliverables, and publications
- Continuously surveying and summarizing relevant government, academic, and contracted research. Provide Subject Matter Expertise support to the PM in areas including computer science, mathematics, statistics, cybersecurity, big data analytics, and machine learning.
- Summarizing and communicating complex research results (written and spoken) to diverse audiences including scientific and technical communities, Intelligence Community (IC) partners, management, and other government agencies.
- A minimum of two years of management experience in the areas of research and development management, analysis management, or related project management.
- A minimum of one year of operational experience supporting a security operations center (SOC), Computer Emergency/Incident Response team, or Intelligence Community/DoD Computer Network Defense (CND) mission.
- Technical expertise and professional work or graduate-level research experience is required in at least three of the following areas within the past five years (non- zero post-graduate paid professional work experience preferred): Time series analysis o Machine learning methods
- Event ontologies (Cyber events preferred)
- Research program evaluation, including development of various metrics and methods
- Technical expertise and professional work is required in five or more of the following areas within the past five years (non-zero post-graduate paid professional work experience preferred): Incident response processes (use of the Cyber ?kill chain? or similar modeling approaches preferred)
- Automated intrusion detection capabilities and analysis techniques o Malware analysis and malware classifications
- Cyber-Attack types and exploitation techniques o Cyber-Attack modeling o Threat intelligence reporting and analysis
- Industry (FS-ISAC and US-CERT preferred) incident reporting and sharing requirements o Incident sharing frameworks (STIX or TAXI preferred) o Cyber incident/event classification standards (US- CERT preferred)
- Proficiency with statistical analysis software packages (R or MATLAB preferred) in a non-classroom environment is required
- Ability to proactively and independently identify potential technical and programmatic risks and advise PM accordingly -Bachelors degree is required in either computer science (Masters or PhD preferred), statistics (PhD preferred), or mathematics (PhD preferred).
- An equivalent degree (e.G., physics, data science) is acceptable, but the contractor must have statistics and machine learning experience (at least 3 years) and relevant course work. An educational background or coursework in artificial intelligence or sub discipline (e.G. machine learning) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years (during the last 8 years) developing (or refining) and testing statistical or probabilistic modeling methods, including metrics development (e.G., scoring function), error metrics, and related quantitative and qualitative model evaluation methods
- Additional experience with the Intelligence Community or other government-run analysis and evaluation is desired, but not required
- Top Secret SCI with polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2017, 3:37:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job