C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
Full Time Employee
The Winch Truck Driver drives and operates A Winch Truck equipped with A single winch, to load and move frac tanks; or with the use of A float (flat bed trailer) to pick up, transport and unload oil field servicing or drilling equipment including but not limited to open top tanks, reverse units (pump units), power swivels, pipe racks, catwalks and base beams, from and to various locations within the work area. This equipment is loaded and unloaded onto the Truck or float with the use of the Truck's mechanical winch. All duties of the Winch Truck Driver are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to fficiently perform the task.
1. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
2. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
3. The Winch Truck Driver drives the Winch Truck to the location to unload or load equipment as required for the job. Mechanically loads or unloads the equipment using A single winch. This position requires the employee to handle the winching equipment and to manually tie down the loaded equipment using chains and boomers.
4. The Winch Truck Driver is required to drive the Truck to and from the area office to the customer's location and back to the area office location. This will require the operator to be knowledgeable of all applicable DOT rules and regulations; and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
5. This position will require the Winch Truck Driver to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company's requirements and the work performed for the customer as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the Truck as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
6. Dependable attendance, no unauthorized absences.
7. Maintain reliable phone contact or pager.
8. Follow safe work and good housekeeping practices as outline in the NWS U.S. Land Accident Prevention Handbook.
9. Attend Monthly Safety meeting, (if not on Schedule Day Off.)
10. Demonstrate consistent prudent preventive maintenance practices: consistently perform proper Pre-trip / Post-trip inspection, correct minor deficiencies and document all deficiencies.
11. Arrive at job site on time with proper equipment and product to complete assigned task.
12. Complete Accurate Daily Timesheets / Field Tickets, Fuel Reports, and Driver Log.
13. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the Driver to have the proper brake certification. The position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
14. This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operation of the equipment, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
15. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
16. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
17. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
* Pass the company's drug screen.
* Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
* Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company Driver.
* Acceptable criminal history.
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
* Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
* While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
* Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
* Must have A valid CDL A drivers license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
* Will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and nights as required for the position.
* Must have basic knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with trucking of oil field fluids.
* Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
* Ability to accurately complete DOT Hours of Service Log.