District of Columbia
Cloud Systems Architect - NAVSEA (Job Number:430825)
SAIC has a contingent opening for a Cloud Systems Architect located in Washington DC supporting NAVSEA HQ SEA 00I. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Cloud Systems Architect responsibilities include:
- The Cloud Systems Architect is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders and providing strategic, technical leadership, ensuring that all cloud solutions and architecture adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, performance, security, and portability. This role also designs, deploys and oversees the implementation and integration of systems for cloud-based infrastructure and has responsibility for relationship management for cloud vendors, including monitoring SLA?s and tracking performance, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Develops strategic plans for cloud-based solutions, including but not limited to: transition strategies, bundling (multiple cloud offerings) strategies, risk assessment, and roadmap planning.
- Designs, deploys and oversees the implementation and integration of systems for cloud-based solutions. This includes both migrating on premise applications to cloud infrastructure as well as maintaining applications already in cloud infrastructure.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to investigate and communicates the impact of architecture and design choices on non-functional attributes like scalability, performance, availability and security. Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solution or offering, and provides technical support.
- Troubleshoots complex technical issues for cloud-based solutions. Identifies and mitigates risks on projects.
- Assists in contract negotiation for cloud-based solutions. Owns vendor relationship management, tracking, troubleshooting and reporting for cloud- based solutions. Tracks and monitors data necessary to ensure compliance to negotiated contracts on an ongoing basis and provides ad hoc reporting as required. Provides and presents analyses such as contract terms, dollar spend, process compliance.
- Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements that impact cloud-based strategies.
- Provides technical project leadership and assembles teams as needed for support of cloud- based initiatives (i.e. Database, Infrastructure, Development, Data Security).
- Must have a secret clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Experience in defining solution architecture for cloud-based systems, including experience with Amazon Web Service.
- Experience with other cloud solutions a plus (i.e. SAP Hadoop, SAP HANA, Microsoft Azure)
- Technical and architectural leadership experience in the design and development of distributed object orientated solutions on multiple platforms and integrating with multiple systems, 3rd party services, etc.
- Prior experience architecting and migrating existing on premise applications to cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web-based solutions in a cloud-based environment.
- IAT Level II
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job