Industrial Control Systems (ICS & SCADA) Specialty Engineer, Principal (Job Number:430918)
SAIC is hiring an Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Specialty Engineer, Principal in Annapolis Junction, MD.
SAIC's Principal Specialty Engineer will evaluate relevant customer systems and networks for security vulnerabilities. The engineer will take these results and validate the risk to the network and calculate the potential effects a denial or manipulation effect would have on a given network.
The Specialty Engineer will also perform the following:
- Perform or review security incident investigations understanding power plants, public works, and national, state and local infrastructure
- Assist in developing responses to internal & external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Direct technical system analysis on the networks associated with the customer
- Analyze data streams at all data layers
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Validate and verify system security requirement and analysis
- Manage the development, implementation and training of Standard Operating Procedures
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree and 9 years or more years of related experience
- MS Degree in computer science/cyber options/electronic engineering + 8 years is preferable
- A proven record in infrastructure, networked systems and/or support systems security assessment, vulnerability identification, mitigation, and prevention.
- Experience with ICS/SCADA
- Expertise with all types with common security tools and products i.e. SIEM, vulnerability management, DLP, content filtering, eDiscovery, anti-virus, firewalls, malware analysis and protection, IDS/IPS, forensics, Identity and Access Management is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint & Project
- A history of working in collaborative, team-oriented environments with a commitment to results and a proven track record of accomplishments
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- TS/SCI to start with ability to obtain a Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 13, 2018, 7:00:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job