Cyberspace Analyst II: CIKR Mission Assurance Support Analyst Senior (Job Number:431263)
CIKR Mission Assurance Support Analyst The National Security Customer Group of SAIC currently has a full-time position for a Cyberspace Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate communicates complex programmatic cyber planning information, orally and in writing, elicits understanding and support from professional peers and non-specialists. Demonstrates broad, expert knowledge of the Command?s Cyber missions, authorities, and capabilities as well as equivalent information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Command?s external program partners which includes (but not limited to) other DoD commands and agencies, other U.S. Government agencies and key partners. Evaluates and conducts development of Cyberspace Operations (CO) requirements and assists in creating CO Lines of Operations (LOO). The CIKR Mission Assurance Support Analyst will assist in coordinating and executing USCYBERCOM battle rhythm and operations processes. Maintains and reports on situational awareness of USCYBERCOM CIKR, and Joint capabilities integration. Assists in detection, monitoring, correlating, and preventing cyber threat activities, networks and vectors that may affect USCYBERCOM CIKR. The candidate accomplishes the following tasks throughout their shift: maintaining awareness of CCMD/HHQ directives/orders; situational awareness and incident reporting; shift turnover meetings; orders processing; KM tools updating (website, blogs, etc.). Maintains TTPs/training; operational assessments; conducting briefings at all levels; special Project collaboration when able; operational reporting; RFIs; AAR and LL inputs; SITREPS, industry/academic collaboration; CCIRS, PIR and EEFI research, development and reporting; executive summaries; tracking and documenting meetings/visits to JOC watch floor; and assisting in preparation of office relocation in accordance with move procedures.
Daily activities include:
- Provides technical expertise for the identification, development and prioritization of cyberspace operations requirements, processes, procedures, and governing directives
- Assists in conducting cyberspace operations and defense of the DoD Information Network (DODIN)
- Provides situational awareness (SA) of cyber incidents, health, performance, availability, and reliability of the DODIN
- Identifies issues and priorities affecting operations
- Supports the creation, dissemination, and compliance of applicable orders and directives to the DOD community
- Addresses areas of concern for the development of cyberspace capabilities for cyberspace operations
- Prepares and modifies requirements to develop cyberspace capabilities based on the changing cyberspace environment for appropriate Government review, validation, and prioritization
- Analyzes capability development requirements, concept of operation documents, and system architectures
- Utilizes automated capabilities to assess risk to DODIN assets
- Assists in identifying and prioritizing requirements for capability development efforts
- Analyzes proposed capabilities, recommends COSs, and develops solutions to address areas of concern for shortfalls
- Develops, maintains, and automates metrics to assess USCYBERCOM operational Measure of Effective and Performance (MOE/MOP)
- Develops concept papers, technical white papers, and related documentation detailing cyber security practices for implementation throughout DOD
- Analyzes vulnerabilities with known exploits that do not have vendor-provided mitigation or remediation action
- Conducts research that focuses on rapidly emerging cyber threats and cyber adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to facilitate cyber SA and information sharing Assesses the development of cyberspace capabilities to validate USCYBERCOM requirements
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience as a Cyberspace Analyst or a related functional area Minimum of High School Diploma; or five (5) years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or three (3) years of experience and a Master's Degree.
- Minimum of DoD 8140/DoD 8570 IAM Level II Certification (CAP, CASP, CISM, CISSP CE, or GSLC)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-Fort Meade
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job