Cyberspace Policy Analyst II: LE/CI Planner Senior (Job Number:431360)
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC currently has a full-time position for a Cyberspace Policy Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will provide in-depth strategic/operational planning expertise for the development of Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) policy, plans, processes, procedures, and governing directives. Planners will apply operational art and operational design and use the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) for the developmental planning of cyberspace capabilities for the operation, protection, and defense of the DODIN. Lead the creation of strike packages, and the vetting and validation of targets. The LECI Analyst coordinates, facilitates, and deconflicts investigations and operations between Defense Component investigative organizations and other Federal investigative organizations. Provides analytical products, situational awareness and information sharing from these entities to the JOC watch floor, USCYBERCOM and its components. The candidate accomplishes the following tasks throughout their shift: maintaining awareness of CCMD/HHQ directives/orders; situational awareness and incident reporting; shift turnover meetings; orders processing; KM tools updating (website, blogs, etc.). Maintains TTPs/training; operational assessments; conducting briefings at all levels; special project collaboration when able; operational reporting; RFIs; AAR and LL inputs; SITREPS, industry/academic collaboration; CCIRS, PIR and EEFI research, development and reporting; executive summaries; tracking and documenting meetings/visits to JOC watch floor; and assisting in preparation of office relocation in accordance with move procedures.
Daily activities include:
- Conducts research, analysis, development, and coordination of strategy, policy, and doctrine for cyberspace operations at the national, DOD, Service, and Command Level
- Provides technical expertise on executive-level projects, analyzes, assesses, and develops future strategies, policies, and doctrines governing cyberspace operations.
- Supports interagency and coalition on policy formulations on cyberspace issues, ensuring authorities, concerns, and equities are accurately represented
- Maintains awareness of and reports significant cyber-related policy issues affecting the DOD and USCYBERCOM
- Provides concise, actionable communications to senior officials, both written and orally Performs analysis and critical thinking, assesses programmatic issues, conducts risk analysis, and proposes innovative and achievable solutions
- Possesses an in-depth understanding and knowledge of existing joint cyberspace policies
- Conducts research, analysis, development, and coordination of strategy concepts in a training environment
- Plans and prepares for substantive interactions with researchers and policy makers and provides background support and current status of activities for documents and presentations
- Provides substantive content for the development of reports and briefings on policy, strategy, and doctrine activities
- Provides substantive content for policy formulations on cyberspace issues and researches authorities, concerns, and equities to ensure accurate representation
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a Cyberspace Policy Analyst or related functional area Minimum of Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or seven (7) years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 22, 2018, 8:25:49 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job