Full Time Employee
Principal Systems Engineer (Job Number:431399)
- SAIC is hiring for a Systems Engineer to participate in a government Space Superiority Architecture team.
- Drive the development, integration and management of the SMC/SY technical requirements baseline with an emphasis on interface definition.
- Coordinate with government and commercial stakeholders and organizations to evolve requirements and to establish MOU/MOAs for interfaces with existing external systems
- Identify and perform analyses to support requirements definition and develop Requirements Allocation Documents (RAD)
- Participate in demonstration teams to validate requirements and interface compliance
- Reviews and provides technical evaluations to key mission contractual documentation. Performs requirements planning tasks including technical evaluations. Prepares contractor statement of works (SOWs) and technical evaluation of contractor proposals. Working knowledge of AF and RO/OSL launch policy and procedures
Security Clearance - Must currently possess:
- TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance - Must be Able to Obtain:
- TS/SCI with Counter Intelligence (CI) Poly
- 10+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering of Satellite systems during development and test (any time between program start through launch)
- An active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
- BS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences with 10 Years? experience OR MS Degree in Engineering or Hard Sciences
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office.
- Must be able to work independently.
- 15+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems during development and test (any time between program start through launch)
- MS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences
Space Superiority Systems Directorate Overview: The Space Superiority Systems Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif., equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It has a multi-billion- dollar budget, 350-person program office, and 1,500-person industry team at multiple locations throughout the country to support operational systems worldwide. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2017, 6:17:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job