Full Time Employee
Mid-Level Design Engineer-Huntsville, AL (Job Number:431310)
SAIC is currently looking for a mid- level Mechanical Designer to support the engineering and manufacturing development phase of the Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF) vehicle.
- Static Design of mechanical systems and packages aligned to MPF Program.
- Preparation of detailed mechanical Design (3D models and 2D drawings) using Creo
- Work with senior engineers regarding model accuracy, Design and drafting standards.
- Develop, validate, and deliver technical data packages in support of our government customers.
- Review, evaluate and approve Design changes, specification and drawing releases.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of direct experience with Mechanical Design and at least 2+ year of experience using Creo. 7+ years of experience without a degree.
- Must have a minimum of 2 year?s experience using Creo and Windchill.
- Have a working understanding of mechanical Design best practices, such as proper tolerancing, the dimensioning of assembled components from common origins, etc., and the ability to verify that best practices were followed across multiple components in an assembly.
- Have a clear understanding of ASME Y14 and MIL-STD-31000A specifications, and their practical application.
- Have working knowledge of parent/child relationships in a Design document hierarchy.
- Have a working knowledge of sheet metal and machined part manufacturing capabilities and limitations.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and able to perform in a fast paced environment that will require excellent communication skills when interfacing with both customers and peers.
DESIRED SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE:
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- SolidWorks Composer
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2017, 3:30:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job