Technology Innovation Engineer (Job Number:431458)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a senior systems engineer/design architect supporting CENTCOM Communications Directorate/J6 technology innovation and pursuit initiatives, data center modernization development activities, and related IT project design Support.
- Searches, develops/documents, and engages with DOD and industry to analyze enterprise, operational, and accredited system technologies beneficial in meeting near term and future customer requirements.
- Responsible for providing Support to ensure technology insertion fit for purpose, compliance, and interoperability within the HQ and AOR enterprise to include modernization within the cyber, Network and systems infrastructure, and mulit-national partner Network program Support domains.
- Leverages strong customer relationship skills and IT enterprise understanding to lead CENTCOM J6 IT Roadmap development to ensure well-planned and resourced Network modernization IAW leader priorities.
- Ensures technology pursuits align within established Network operations framework and leader priorities.
- Works as part of a team in a highly matrixed organization to develop and present written and oral business case analysis to senior decision makers within the organization.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. 4 years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Candidate is required to have a current US Secret Clearance. Top Secret and eligible for SCI is desired.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and 9+ years related experience. 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management skills.
- Very strong understanding and demonstrated experience in networking, software defined networking, data Storage and compute, systems development, virtualization, and systems deployment
- Strong experience in designing and integrating an extensive range of wide-Area Network Support systems in a DOD enterprise.
- Basic understanding of government/DoD procurement process and be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities to develop reports and presentations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and create/present oral briefs to senior management
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance and as a member of a team.
- Understand DOD language/terminology.
- CISCO, Cloud-focused (VMWare), Microsoft, and Cyber Security certifications are a strong plus.
- ITIL V3 Certification
- PMP Certification
- Military experience (joint task force headquarters and/or higher)
- Master?s Degree in IT related field.
- Some travel may be required. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in Support of USCENTCOM mission requirements.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2017, 1:33:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job