Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach ? and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This is a Software Architect position in the Command, Control & Battle Management market segment in C4 Undersea Systems (C4USS) line of business, specifically for the Operational C2 portfolio of programs. The candidate will be part of the Engineering & Technology team providing engineering and technical support across programs, IRADs, and captures. This position is for an experienced Software Architect to use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in the Software field to develop solutions to complex problems.
The ideal candidate has a strong Software Engineering and Architecture experience working with C4ISR technical and cross-functional teams (e.g. Systems, Hardware, Software, etc.) through the different program lifecycle phases. This candidate will contribute to the Software architecture activities for the 5th Gen C4ISR Long Term Investment Initiative (LTII) and AIR 6500 capture efforts for Joint Battle Management and Integrated Air & Missile Defense. Responsibilities include:
? Developing the 5th Gen C4ISR LTII/AIR 6500 Software architecture, ensuring that it satisfies the overall system architecture by evaluating Software implementation decisions throughout multiple phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) to validate architectural integrity. Also includes performing Software trades of available services.
? Identify the infrastructure and communication needs to support the Software architecture.
? Work closely with the Lead Software Architect in developing the aforementioned items.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that will enable them to work with the technical team and the technical and program leadership. Potential domestic and international travel may be required.
A Secret clearance is required. This a permanent position in Littleton, CO.
- Demonstrated strong technical background in Software Engineering, Software Architecture and Open Systems Architecture (OSA) methodology
- Experience establishing and/or maintaining the technical Software baseline of a product in all phases
- Experience with Software decomposition, use cases, operational scenarios, design, implementation, and assessment against defined TPMs
- Must have a working understanding of Software development plans and processes
- Experience with distributed source code management
- Experience developing Software using Java and C++
- Knowledge of Agile Principles and Frameworks, including Agile Tools
- Must be self-motivated, with excellent relationship building skills and must possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient with MS Office products and experience with graphic presentation programs.
- Familiarity with system architecture modeling tools (e.g. Rhapsody, MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect)
- Knowledgeable in RMS engineering processes, development of Software engineering deliverables
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies
- Experience with applications spanning multiple security enclaves
- Ability to develop, track and maintain schedules
- Experience or familiarity with Risk & Opportunity Management
- Experience optimizing processes and workflows utilizing tools, technology, and people
- Demonstrated ability to actively and successfully engage externally with Customers, including U.S. Navy and Air Force program offices and International military customers and internally with Technical Leads, Chief Architects and Software Developers
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado