Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is seeking a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX. Digital Design encompasses the full life cycle of electronic subsystems development. As such, the FPGA Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Development, integration and test of processor subsystem features and interfaces in FPGA hardware
- Requirements development
- FPGA code development
- Test bench development
- Timing analysis
- Unit test
- Support of debug and system integration activities
- Task estimation
- Design trade studies
- Interface definitions
- Architecture definition
- Schematic entry
- Circuit card physical layout
- Manufacturing oversight
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the ?Mid-Cities? region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Must have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in FPGA design and Digital Signal Processing through either coursework or relevant experience
- Experience with VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog languages
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with electronic analyzers and other test equipment
- Experience with Synopsis Synplify, Synopsis VCS, ChipScope tool sets
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera Part family internal FPGA fabric, IP, and model based compilers
- Previous experience related to military / aerospace design techniques
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas